Research interests: Biostatistics – Forest estimations – Agroforestry – Climate change – Non timber forest products
- Forestry estimation
- Climate change
- Non timber forest products
I hold a Master of Science degree in Biostatistics from the Faculty of Agronomic Sciences (University of Abomey Calavi, Benin). Through my thesis, I assessed, using simulation, the robustness of Poisson family models (Poisson and its extensions) to solve the problem of overdispersion in ecological count data. Recently, I started my PhD studies in Biometrics and my research project is focused on generalized linear mixed models.
My PhD project is focused on generalized linear mixed models (GLMMs). Many data collected in ecology field do not follow classical statistical procedures and it is often advised the use of GLMMs. However, the main problem in parameters estimation with GLMMs is that, in contrast to linear mixed models, likelihood function of GLMMs is analytically intractable. To tackle the intractability, different estimation methods and packages have been proposed. Through my PhD thesis, I plan to assess, using simulation, the robustness of the existing estimation methods and packages in order to contribute to an accurate use of these methods.
Awards and distinction
- 2014: IFS (International Foundation for Science)
- 2014: CIRDES (Centre International de Recherche-Développement sur l’Elevage en zone Subhumide)
- 2013 : PPAAO (Projet pour la Productivité Agricole en Afrique de l’Ouest)
- 2011: VLIR-UOS (Vlaamse Interuniversitaire Raad- University Development Cooperation)
- 2008: CBRST (Beninese Center for Scientific Research)
- 2003-2008: Benin government scholarship
Profiles and Curriculum
Total number of publications
Articles scientifiques publiés dans les journaux: 2
Documents techniques: 0
- LOKONON, B. E. , BONOU, W. N., KASSA, B., AZIHOU, A. F. ASSOGBADJO A. E. GLELE KAKAI R. (2013). Structural and ethnobotanical characterization of velvet tamarind (Dialium guineense willd), a multipurpose tree species. Agronomie africaine, 25 (2) : 121 – 131.
- LOKONON, E. B., TCHANDAO MANGAMANA, E., GLELE KAKAÏ, R., & SINSIN, B. (2017). Assessing use, diversity and local conservation priorities of woody species within agroforestry systems along Ouémé catchment in Benin (West Africa). Ethnobiology and Conservation, 6, 4.