Dr. Ir. Rodrigue C. GBEDOMON
Research interests : Agroecology – Forest economic and governance – Ethnobotany – Agroecosystems -biodiversity and ecosystem services Ecology of pollination
Head of Forest and People Livelihood research Unit
- Forest economic and governance
- Agroecosystems biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Ecology of pollination
My studies include a degree in Agricultural sciences (natural Resources Management) at the University of Abomey-Calavi. For my engineering thesis, I worked on the effectiveness of botanical extracts in control of honeybee’s pests. After my engineer degree, I completed in 2013 a Master in Forestry and Biodiversity at the University of Abomey-Calavi. I worked on economic and ecological outcomes of forest governance system involving communities and NGO in Mid-Benin. I am currently a PhD Student at the University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC, Benin). My PhD research project is financially supported by a government grant through their program “Appui aux doctorants\”.
My PhD research project aims to the better understanding of the potential of home gardens in agrobiodiversity conservation in special agricultural and cultural context of Benin. These traditional farming systems evolve over time and seem to be resilient and less affected by changing in agricultural practices. Research questions intended to address the diversity of home gardens, their dynamic, their ownership and conditions of maintenance of their diversity.
Findings of this PhD research will provide decision makers and researchers with basic information and directive for the formulation of national strategy of conservation based on home gardens.
Awards and distinctions
- 2014: PhD grant (government of Benin)
Profiles and Curriculum
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rodrigue_Gbedomon3
Total number of publications
- Articles scientifiques publiés dans les journaux: 8
- Communications: 0
- Documents techniques: 0
- Gbedomon, R. C., Assogbadjo A.E., V. K. Salako, A. B. Fandohan, and R. G. Kakaї, (2016). Exploring spatial configuration of home gardens in Benin. Scientia Horticulturae 213:13-23. DOI:10.1016/j.scienta.2016.10.020
- Gbedomon, R. C., Salako, V. K, Chadare, F.J., Glèlè Kakaї, R., and Assogbadjo, A.E. (2016). Gendered motivation for home gardening and maintenance of agrobiodiversity: A case study in Benin, West Africa.” Annales des sciences agronomiques 20 (2) : 93-106, 2016 ISSN 1659 – 5009
- Gbedomon, R. C., Fandohan, A.B., Salako, V.K., Idohou, A.F.R., Glèlè Kakaї, R., and Assogbadjo, A.E. (2015) « Factors affecting home gardens ownership, diversity and structure: a case study from Benin. » Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine 11, no. 1: 56.
- Gbedomon, R. C., Floquet, A., Mongbo, R., Salako, V. K., Fandohan, A. B., Assogbadjo, A. E., & Kakaї, R. G. (2016). Socio-economic and ecological outcomes of community based forest management: A case study from Tobé-Kpobidon forest in Benin, Western Africa. Forest Policy and Economics, 64, 46-55.
- +229 96229196