Dear Labef members and followers,
We are delighted to share with you our March newsletter. Kindly be advised that you are free to share resources and opportunities with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) any time and as many as you can. We will value your contribution!
We would like to inform you that:
- The February 27th 2017, LABEF organized its third annual seminar on “Introduction to web resources’’. We appreciate the guest speaker, Mr Bienvenu AKODIGNA, Director of the Information Resource Center at the U.S. Embassy in Cotonou, Benin
- From 17 – 21 April 2017, LABEF will organize the second training on statistical analysis, focusing on Longitudinal data analysis in R. The 50 available seating places will be granted at first come first served basis. Please fill in this online form (http://bit.ly/2jLFmFH ) for registration and proceed with payment at the Labef secretary to book your place.
- Friday, April 21 2017, LABEF will organize the scientific seminar of April on the topic: Application of mixed model analysis for crop improvement: prediction of genetic values with BLUP and Bayesian methods. The invited speaker is Dr. David Cros, Oil palm Genetist, Cirad, Cameroun.
RESOURCES AND USEFUL LINKS
This month we invite you to go through these online libraries for useful resources:
- Open Access Library (http://www.oalib.com/)
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations oatd.org
- Science in the classroom (scienceintheclassroom.org)
- World Library Of Science (http://www.nature.com/wls)
- Directory of Open Access Jounals (DOAJ.ORG)
Below are some opportunities you may consider:
- The Africa Research Excellence Fund announces its third call for applications for AREF’s transformative Research Development Fellowships. The Programme aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging African researchers with leadership potential who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa. https://www.medicalresearchfoundation.org.uk/aref/2017/04/04/aref-research-development-fellowships-2017/
- We are pleased to announce that the call for applications for the next intake programme: the AGNES Intra-Africa Mobility Grant for Junior Researchers is now open. http://www.agnes-h.org/