The project aims at supporting so-called farmer-led innovation platforms in improving collection, production, processing and marketing of products from edible tree/shrub species, whereas field schools will be established to disseminate technologies. This holistic approach will allow the sustainable development, use and conservation of a number of local tree species occurring in the different agro-ecological zones. Additionally, preservation and improvement of the ecosystem services they provide will ensure/improve the livelihoods of rural communities.
- Centre Régional de Recherche Agronomique/Institut d’Economie Rurale (Mali)
- Laboratoire de Biomathématiques et d’Estimations Forestières/University of Abomey-Calavi (Benin)
- Institute for training and research on life and earth sciences/University Ouaga/Pr Joseph Ki-Zerbo (Burkina Faso)
- Institut de Recherche Agronomique de Niamey (Niger)
- Department of Bioscience/Aarhus University (Denmark)
- Ghent University (Belgium)
Thought for Food1 Initiative (Agropolis Fondation, Fondazione Cariplo and Fondation Daniel et Nina Carasso)