Research interests: Ecology – Social forestry – Biodiversity conservation – Neglected and underutilized plant species – Climate change
- Social forestry
- Biodiversity conservation
- Neglected and underutilized plant species
- Climate change
I hold Agricultural Engineer and Master of Science degrees major in Natural Resources Management from the Faculty of Agronomic Sciences, University of Abomey-Calavi (Benin). For my Engineer degree, I worked in the field of social forestry especially on participatory approach used in forest management in Benin. As for my Master’s degree, I investigated in the field of biodiversity conservation and ecology on the morphological variability and the ecological adaptaton of Jatropha curcas L. in Benin. Since 2013, I started my PhD studies and my research project is focused on neglected and underutilized plant species especially on Moringa oleifera Lam.
My PhD project aims to sustainably contribute to the improvement of the level of use and cultivation, and also to a better biomass production of Moringa oleifera in Benin. This will be achieved through (i) quantitative ethnobotany studies; (ii) cultivation and management practices analysis; (iii) morphological characterization; (iv) ecological adaption; and (v) performances studies of different accessions under climatic conditions of Benin. The outcomes will be very useful in mitigation of climate change effects on M. oleifera and for food security. Technical papers will be elaborated to improve the implementation the promotion activities of the species.
Awards and distinctions
Benin government PhD scholarship (2013-2016)
Master’s Fellowship from Jatropha Project of African Union (2011-2012)
Profiles and Curriculum
Total number of publications
- Articles scientifiques publiés dans les journaux: 2
- Communications: 0
- Documents techniques: 0
- Gbemavo D.S.J.C., Gandji K., Gnanglè P.C., Assogbadjo A.E., Glèlè Kakaï R.L. Variabilité morphologique et conservation des morphotypes de Jatropha curcas L. (Euphorbiaceae) au Benin. Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development (In press).
- Gbemavo D.S.J.C., Gandji K., Gnanglè P.C., Assogbadjo A.E., Sokpon N., Glèlè Kakaï R.L. Adaptation écologique et modélisation du rendement du Jatropha curcas L. en fonction des caractéristiques morphologiques des plants le long d’un gradient climatique. Agronomie africaine (In press).
- +229 97692043