Dear Labef members and followers,
We are happy to introduce this New Year with some regular updates from the LABEF team. From January 2017, we are committed to share a monthly newsletter that will curate the top LABEF news, some useful resources and opportunities you may consider. Kindly be advised that you are welcome to share resources and opportunities with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) any time and as many times as you can. We will value your contribution!
We would like to inform you that:
- Last January 14th 2017, LABEF organized its first annualbeach party at Obama Beach, Cotonou, Republic of Benin. Regardless of titles, grades and position, all members of LABEF shared a great moment and celebrated one year of hard effort.
- From 20th to 24th February 2017, LABEF will organize the second training on statistical analysis, focusing on Linear mixed effect models with R. Fifty (50) seating places will be made available , ad will be granted on first come first served basis. Please fill in the online form (http://bit.ly/2jLFmFH ) for registration and proceed with payment at the LABEF secretary to book your place.
- On Monday, February 27th 2017, LABEF will organize the monthly scientific seminar on the topic: Economic outcomes of protected areas as incentives for sustainable conservation of natural resources: a value chain based analysis. The invited speaker is Prof Anne Floquet, Agricultural Economist from “Laboratoire d’Analyse des Dynamiques Sociales et du Développement (LADyD)”, University of Abomey-Calavi, Republic of Benin.
RESOURCES AND USEFUL LINKS
This month we would also like to invite you to read the following publications from LABEF:
- Potential supply of floral resources to managed honey bees in natural mistbelt forests http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301479716310131
- Ecosystem service importance and use vary with socio-environmental factors: A study from household-surveys in local communities of South Africa http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212041616304302
- Small population size and large dimension performance of some equal mean discrimination functions http://www.ceser.in/ceserp/index.php/ijms/article/view/4734
Below are some opportunities you may consider:
- Two exciting PhD positions in land use impacts on C stocks and GHG flux. For further details, please see https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=82006&LID=1455 ; and https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=79977&LID=1455
- DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country /In-Region Doctoral Scholarships available for 2017/2018 Academic intake year https://blog.ruforum.org/2017/01/13/daad-ruforum-in-country-in-region-doctoral-scholarships-available-for-20172018-academic-intake-year/