In the framework of its partnership with the African Excellence Centre in Mathematical sciences and applications (Institute of Mathematics and Physical Sciences), the Laboratoire de Biomathématiques et d’Estimations Forestières (University of Abomey-Calavi), is pleased to announce a special scholarship programme funded by the World Bank Group. The scholarship programme is designed to support outstanding and motivated students in Biostatistics with a special focus on female students. The programme will provide a monthly allowance of XOF 100 000 for two – years to Master students, and XOF 150 000 for three – years for PhD students.
To be eligible student must:
- be Benin citizen;
- get registered in the Master programme in Biostatistics of the Faculty of Agronomic Sciences (http://bit.ly/2rC3Cyq);
- get registered in PhD programme in Biometry (PhD student);
- have excellent academic records in mathematics and related sciences.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
Students interested in applying for the scholarship programme should send a scholarship request to the Coordinator of the Biostatistics Master Programme (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org), along with the application to Master in Biostatistics Programme, no later than 30 July 2017.
For PhD students
Students interested in applying for the scholarship programme should send their application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com no later than 30 July 2017.
The application package should contain all items listed below:
- A one-page scholarship request to be sent to the Coordinator of the Doctoral studies in Biometry;
- A two-page resume (curriculum vitae);
- One Letter of recommendation;
- Academic transcripts;
- Certificate of nationality;
- A PhD research proposal.