The Laboratoire de Biomathématiques et d’Estimations Forestières (LABEF) of the Université d’Abomey-Calavi (UAC) organizes from 22 to 28 january 2018 at Abomey-Calavi, with the support of the International Center for Pure and Applied Mathematics (ICPAM), a workshop titled « African Mathematical Schools »,
THEME : « mathematical modeling for epidemiology, ecology and conservation»
The African Mathematical School of Abomey-Calavi aims to:
- Organize discussions about skills on « population matrix models » and «mixed effects models ».
- Identify some appreciate students and provide them with possible opportunities to make doctorate studies
- Establish collaboration between scientists of Africa, Latin America and Europa about the school themes.
The school will take place through conferences (courses), controlled works, lectures, studies of mini-projects and some tourism.
Five courses will be delivered by lecturers from various horizons:
- Lecture I : Introduction to mathematical modeling, Prof Aboubacar Marcos, IMSP, University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin.
- Lecture II : Dynamical system, Prof Calistus Ngonghala, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA.
- Lecture III: Structured population models, Prof Orou Gaoue, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA.
- Lecture IV: Linear mixed effects models, Prof Romain Glèlè Kakaï of LABEF, University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin.
- Lecture V: Survival data analysis, Prof Kossi Gneyou of University of Lomé, Togo.
- Participants: Postgarduate students (Msc and PhD students) and early-career researchers
- Fee: Free of charge
- Accomodation: Available only for foreign participants
- Date: The School with be held : 22 – 28 January 2018
- Venue : Laboratoire de Biomathématiques et d’Estimations Forestières (LABEF), University of Abomey-Calavi
- Communication Language: French and/or English
For further information please contact Dr Valère Kolawolé SALAKO, Tel: (00229) 95346579 ou (00229) 96172729 ; Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org